EXPERIENCED GOLF COURSE SPRAY TECHNICIAN
Regular part time (30 – 39 hours per week), including evenings, weekends and holiday.
The chemical technician, under the supervision of the golf course superintendent or assistant superintendent, performs chemical applications on golf course properties; fertilizes tees, greens and fairways; and applies chemicals on the greens. The chemical technician is responsible for reading, understanding and keeping current with chemical labels and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS). This position is also responsible for compiling preliminary reports of pesticide usage for the golf course superintendent.
STRONGLY PREFER: Southern Turf Grass Experience
• Performs routine safety inspections on all spraying equipment.
• Maintains chemical storage and mixing areas in compliance with county, state, and federal regulations, and is responsible for the safety and direction of chemical handlers and/or helpers.
• Tracks chemical inventory.
• Possession of a valid driver's license. Knowledge in the safe mechanical operation and calibration of the following types of equipment:
• Mechanically pressurized spray equipment
• Hand-operated spray equipment
• Hand-operated rotary spreaders
• Hand-operated drop spreaders
• Utility tractors
The work is typically performed while sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, or stooping. The employee will frequently lift light and heavy objects.
The work is performed outside, where the employee is exposed to noise and heat.